2016 is coming to an end and if you think that for the most part, 2016 has been atrocious or so it seems then you are partially correct. Things from terrorism, general mayhem to losing cultural icons like Muhammad Ali, Prince are a few to justify the fact that there’s been a lot of tragedy in the world lately. But it can’t be all bad, can it?
On the contrary, if you are wondering about the gloomy things and good stuff that happened in 2016 then let us tell you that there have been some triumphs great and small in our country and across the globe.
So, here’s a recap of some of the amazing news stories from this year so far.
1. The tiger population has increased.
2. A great year for Elon Musk and SpaceX.
2. Amazing progress in space.
4. An amazing world record of planting trees.
5. Solar powered planes flew without a drop of fuel.
6. Amazing strides in ALS Research.
The most viral ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’ supposedly paid off in a big way. They raised a lot of funds by the challenge. The gene responsible for ALS was found, well, a step closer to an effective treatment.
7. Pokemon Go got everyone walking outside.
8. One step closer to curing cancer.
9. Goats love you as much as dogs do.
10. The foreign office got a new cat.
The foreign office got a new ‘diplocat’ known as Palmerston. He is a two-year-old black and white, bicolour cat who is even Chief Mouser of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) at Whitehall, London.
Do you think 2016 is the best year of the century?